I. Who we are?
- Communication Today (the Journal) is a double-blind peer-reviewed scientific journal published twice a year (both online and in print version), indexed in Scopus and Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI, Web of Science Core Collection). It focuses on the scholarly discourses onmedia and marketing, including theoretical and empirical studies, research results and their implementation into practice, as well as professional publication reviews and short news stories. Manuscript submissions are accepted only in English.No submission fees are charged. However, publishing costs are covered by an article processing charge. The fee is charged only to those authors whose manuscripts have been reviewed and approved to be published in Communication Today (for more information, see our Editorial Policy).
- The Journal’s issues consist of scientific reflections on media and marketing communication, as well as on the media industries, media policy, psychology and sociology of communication, marketing strategies, communication sciences and journalistic production.
- Communication Today is one of the scientific journals published by the Faculty of Mass Media Communication (FMK) at the University of Ss. Cyril and Methodius in Trnava. FMK provides university education and offers study programmes associated with media communication, marketing communication, theory of digital games, media relations and applied media studies. The main aim of FMK is to spread knowledge and develop the overall educational level of Slovak society in the field of media and communication studies, supporting the development of the personal and professional qualities of its academic staff and students.
II. What personal data do we collect, who do we share it with and why?
- The Journal’s issues contain personal information about the authors of studies, reviews and other articles, specifically their names, addresses of the institutionsthey are affiliated with and e-mail contacts. By submitting their manuscripts, the authors agree to publish their personal information in both print and online versions of Communication Today.
- The Journal’s contentis shared with external citation databases for indexation purposes. The individual issues may also be shared with libraries and other archives, as well as with websites maintained and administered by external citation databases.
- All documents available on Communication Today’s website may include embedded contents (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). The embedded content originating from external websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited these external websites.
- Cookies are files created by websites that you visit. They make your online experience easier by saving browsing information. Thanks to cookies, sites can keep you signed in, remember your browsing preferences and provide you with locally relevant content.
- Communication Today’s website uses these types of cookies:
Functional cookies: these cookies ensure the proper functioning of the Website (e.g. cookies for login or registration, language preferences) and their installation does not require your permission.
Tracking cookies: these are set by trusted third-party networks (e.g. Google Analytics) to track details (such as the number of unique visitors and pageviews) and help us improve the user experience.
Third-Party/Embedded Content: Communication Today provides links to external websites to enhance the experience of users visiting the Website. As a result, cookies may be set by these third-party websites, and used by them to track your online activity. We have no direct control over the information that is collected by these cookies.